Sir John A. Macdonald

Guidance - Information

Registration | Transcripts  |  Alternate Ways To Graduate




Please report to the Vice-Principal, introduce yourself and indicate your wish to register. You will need to complete a Registration form and Request to transfer information from your previous school. You will need to provide:
a proof of address,
your birth certificate or passport,
your previous report card.
For more information, visit the HRSB website.    



For Present Students of SJA: There is a sign up sheet in the Guidance office where you write your name down to request a transcript. If you require one immediately, please speak directly to Ms. McKinnon the Guidance secretary. There is no fee for current students.


For Past Graduates:Contact the Guidance Office in the school by phone 826-3222 Ext 7901052 ( or via email ( ) to place an order for your transcript. There is a charge of $5.00 for three transcripts.


Alternative Ways To Graduate 

Nova Scotia Virtual School offers online courses free to high school students enrolled in school.

Flexible Learning and Education Centres (FLECS) Day school at Bedford Central School and Night school at Citadel High School. Registration fees apply and other fees may apply.

Correspondence Studies Courses are not taught; you will follow a book and instruction book. It is independent studies. It usually takes 6 months to 1 year to complete a course. Course fees apply.

College of Continuing Education at Dalhousie University. Many courses are offered. University prep courses too (Writing, Chemistry 11 and 12 combined, Physics 11 and 12 combined, Biology 11 and 12 combined, Math12 and pre-Calculus)

Saint Mary's University Prep Courses Writing, Chemistry 11 and 12 combined, Physics 11, Physics 12, Biology (online), Math 12, Pre-Calculus.

HRSB Summer School 2014 Junior and High school courses.

Nova Scotia School for Adult Learner and NSCC-APL (  Must be 19 years of age and out of public school for 1 year and more.

GED testing

Other Education Routes